UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

MrGukNt.jpg

One of Paul's 9F 2-10-0s with westinghouse pumps and nine loaded 56T bogie hoppers on the line between Washington and South Pelaw Junction.

Ss9Ffgy.jpg

The train takes the deviation line at South Pelaw Junction to begin the climb through Pelton, Beamish, Shield Row and Annfield Plain.
The firemen on these turns never needed a gym membership as they would be shovelling coal at a prodigious rate.
Grades were as steep as 1 in 37, which was a challenge with 504 Tons of iron ore behind the loco.
An O1 2-8-0 is in the spur ready to begin banking the train and will only stop at East Medomsley, just a few miles short of Consett itself.

When testing the Sulzer Type 2 Diesels for the ore runs, the NE Region "high heedjuns", for some reason put a single Bo-Bo at the head of the train.
The banking engine stopped banking on the grade and the Type 2 nearly blew up when the load came on the drawbar.
When the diesels took over, in 1966, they ran in pairs and used the westinghouse pumps, since they were required to keep the doors closed in transit, and to open the doors for discharge on the gantry at Consett.
That they were not wholly effective is still evident today as the occasional iron ore pellet will show up in the undergrowth on what is now the Sustrans cycleway using the trackbed.

I will have to check in to why the turnout bldes are not showing up in the screenshots.

r0P44JT.jpg

2vnZZ5E.jpg

I have been tinkering with the textures on the old lady which is a 9F from Paul.
She is coming up on 14 at the end of the year, so while not like new builds today she is no running crude cartoon either.
The 56T ore hoppers and 9Fs were pretty much the first things I had Paul build for me.
I also had him build the O1 2-8-0s and Q7 0-8-0s which preceded the 9Fs on the 56T hopper ore trains.
As an illustration of just how much change went on "back in the day", all three classes had relatively short spells hauling the trains.
Their spell was followed by Sulzer Type 2 Bo-Bos, but their reign was also brief, giving way to the double headed Class 37s with 100T bogies from Redcar via Washington.
Their reign was just a decade.

Looking back to the "prequel" to the iconic 56T hoppers the Ministry of Transport's 1941 steel 21T ore hoppers to Diagram 167 ruled the roost through WWII and nationalisation.
What hauled those has a paucity of photographic evidence but Tyne Dock shed in the years 1941 - 1955 had multiple members of classes Q5, Q6 and Q7 0-8-0 as well as O1 and O4 2-8-0s,
Each and any of them could have been called upon to either haul or bank the ore trains.
While I don't know for certain the train sizes I reckon that with a Q7 or O1 being rostered for eight 56T bogie hoppers that twenty 21T hoppers would not have been unreasonable.

I can't find the answer to the question anywhere. Why do 10 or more residential buildings in Britain seem to be glued to each other?

I meant something like that:
They are all terraced houses. You'd have to go back into the history of Britain in the early 19th century and the dawn of the industrial revolution as it affected the movement of people from the countryside into towns to discover the development of terraced houses.

they are on the LNER page at the bottom under BR/LNER wagons (wagons $5 each) you can email me with a list and I will send you them

@barn700

When I open 'UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue' using the chrome browser, my antivirus, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, flags up this warning:

Feature:Online Threat Prevention
chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to www.paulztrainz.myenet.info. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one.

I note you have posted a link to your website in post #7329 in this thread. Is there currently a problem with your website?

Rob.

@barn700

When I open 'UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue' using the chrome browser, my antivirus, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, flags up this warning:

Feature:Online Threat Prevention
chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to www.paulztrainz.myenet.info. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one.

I note you have posted a link to your website in post #7329 in this thread. Is there currently a problem with your website?

Rob.
If you are confident in the reliability of the site, just ignore it: https://forums.auran.com/threads/cornish-railways-ts19.161584/post-2015698
More recently, for this reason, only sites related to big money transfers and something similar were blocked. This is now valid for all websites.

Last edited:
Thanks. Normally I would ignore it but paulztrainz website as had problems in the past as I recall. When I click on the link: http://www.paulztrainz.myenet.info my antivirus flags up further warnings! This makes me unsure about the site and confidence is low!

Rob.
In general, for the future, there is an authoritative site "virustotal.com" on which about a hundred engines of popular antiviruses are installed
and you can check any link or a dubious file with hundreds of antiviruses at once and see the result instantly.
I copied "paulztrainz.myenet.info" there and here is the result: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/a12db141c532502591313620bf453eb704d96359b376b7b96cb2322bc68bf5a6

Last edited:
Since Terraced Houses are the current theme I have unfortunately the need for a lot of terraced housing on my Washington area at the moment. This site has been a big help http://www.raggyspelk.co.uk/washington_pages/selections8/wilden_terrace.html

Here is a Q6 passing the unnamed street at Washington on the Pontop line to Tyne Dock.

Q6 Washington Low Yard 17.5.24 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Middlefield Row was between the station and the river but is long since demolished.

Middlefield Row Washington 17.5.24 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Wilden Terrace with Penshaw Monument in the background. I think you'd pay a lot for such a view nowadays !

Wilden Terrace Washington 17.5.24 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Back