More incomprehensible error messages

rhban

So, I finally started a new route. Thanks to Stagecoach, it now has a water layer, but...
I laid out a few boards, used the paint brush to hollow out a river bed and added water. Still no track, but then I clicked on a track more or less at random to see what it looked like and CRASH!
Once more a pile of error messages that mean nothing to me:

Errors%3F.jpg

There are over 40 similar ones. Here's a sample; each code is one line, my computer keeps trying to put a full stop after Plus I've removed some and the gap is bigger than the 3 spaces I've put int:

3 Trainz Plus 0x000000010c7de334 _ZNK5physx2Gu5RTree11traverseRay|LiTEEEvRKNS_6PxVec3ES5_jPjPNS1_15CallbackRaycastEPS4_f+24658756
4 Trainz Plus0x000000010c8810ea _ZNK5physx2Gu5RTree1traverseRayILiEEEvRKNS_6PxVec3ES5_jPjPNS1_15CallbackRaycastEPS4_f+25325818
5 Trainz Plus 0x000000010bbabb52_ZNK5phys×2Gu5RTree11traverseRay|LiTEEEVRKNS_6PxVec3ES5_jPjPNS1_15CallbackRaycastEPS4_f+11869026
6 Trainz Plus
0x000000010bb9894 _ZNK5physx2Gu5RTree11traverseRayILi1EEEvRKNS_6PxVec3ES5_jPjPNS1_15CallbackRaycastEPS4_f+11815076
7 Traunz Plus 0x000000010caee7fb _ZNK5phys×2Gu5RTree11traverseRay|LiTEEEVRKNS_6PxVecES5_jPjPNS1_15CallbackRaycastEPS4_f+27871243

8 Trainz Plus 0x000000010c40c9cf _ZNK5phys×2Gu5RTree11traverseRay|Li1EEEvRKNS_6PxVec3ES5_jPiPNS1_15CallbackRaycastEPS4_f+20654559

9 Trainz Plus. 0x000000010caf2cef _ZNK5phys×2Gu5RTree11traverseRay|LiEEEvRKNS_6PxVec3ES5_jPjPNS1_15CallbackRaycastEPS4_f+27888895

10 Trainz Plus. 0x000000010bb722b1 _ZNK5phys×2Gu5RTree11traverseRay|Li1EEEvRKNS_6PxVec3ES5_jPjPNS1_15CallbackRaycastEPS4_f+11633345

Even using copy/paste, the copying out is very time consuming, so I've stopped there.

It's well beyond my pay grade, but the mention of Raycast suggests something to do with ray-tracing which is a job of the GPU. Is your graphics card within the specs required to run TRS2022?

Are you on a beta build? Betas are often built to give more error reporting to aid in troubleshooting. If there is nothing giving you problems, it is safe to hit ignore and continue.

Are you on a beta build? Betas are often built to give more error reporting to aid in troubleshooting. If there is nothing giving you problems, it is safe to hit ignore and continue.
This is expensive subscription Trainz Plus, build 122776

Looking at the beta sub forum of Trainz22, that is a beta build. Betas are best to consider error prone, and all work as throw away. Betas are designed to put out more error messages to aid in troubleshooting. For most people, especially those new to trainz I recommend sticking with non-beta builds.

You don’t need to be on a beta build to use most Plus features. TLR is only in beta right now, but lots to work on.

I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription and concentrating on trs19, which actually works.

Trainz 22/PE, Plus all work fine. Again, you are on a beta build when you don’t need to be, thus causing more problems/stress than you need to be. You can either go in to your update stream and set it to the non-beta stream and wait for a new version to come out or download and install a new version of Plus to get yourself off the beta version. If you do a reinstall, make sure your update stream is not set to beta before updating anything.

You should be used to incomprehensible error messages, @rhban. You use a Mac. 😉

For years, I supported Apple computers as well as PCs and Sun OS systems and the obtuse, worse than IBM, error messages ceased to amaze me on Apple computers. "An error occurred of a type unknown" is right up there along with a big long number with no reference on another machine requiring a lookup in a book to find out exactly what the big long number was referring to.

The error message you have in your initial post, while illegible since the image-text is the size of mites, is an assertion error. These are error messages that are turned on by the programmer(s) to indicate something wrong occurred and we are supposed to report the error along with a screen capture. These errors rarely occur in the released version. Yes, I had them a few times in T:ANE after that product was released, and are found only in the Beta meaning test version prior to release.

Do yourself a favor and install the released version. Your error messages will go away.

Trainz 22/PE, Plus all work fine. Again, you are on a beta build when you don’t need to be, thus causing more problems/stress than you need to be. You can either go in to your update stream and set it to the non-beta stream and wait for a new version to come out or download and install a new version of Plus to get yourself off the beta version. If you do a reinstall, make sure your update stream is not set to beta before updating anything.
Thanks. I wish I had known that before.

OK, I've changed my stream from Beta to Trainz Plus, but I'm still stuck with that Beta build (122776), and it doesn't look as if there'll be a new Plus build in the immediate future, so how do I find and change to an existing Trainz Plus build?

Thanks for the info.
Just to be clear - should I just rename the current install for backup and then install new with fingers crossed...?
Or, the probably the cleanest way uninstall beta and then install standard 2022?

Last edited:
Not sure what happened: I downloadedlll Trainz Plus 22. The download took quite some time, but when I looked, I couldn't find where it had been downloaded to! Can't find any trace of it. Will try again later today. Aren't computers fun!

Not sure what happened: I downloadedlll Trainz Plus 22. The download took quite some time, but when I looked, I couldn't find where it had been downloaded to! Can't find any trace of it. Will try again later today. Aren't computers fun!
The LGM invade always. These little green men like to hide things and usually cause IT support problems on Mondays, but apparently they've enjoyed playing games on your Mac!

Did your download go to your downloads folder by chance?

I don't know what happened on Sunday, but I made a successful download yesterday - something like 10.7 Gigs! Anyway, I've now got Trainz up and working again without intrusive error messages so far.

Back