Couple at Trackmark Not Working

boleyd

Build 122912
A boxcar is brought in from another railroad and dropped on a neutral track. I have a trackmark at that location to indicate both drop and pickup point. The only instruction I can find to connect to that boxcar is Couple at Trackmark. It does not work. Any other technique to get a car from another railroad would be appreciated.

Don't quote me, but i think there is a couple to............. then the name of the rolling stock.

EDIT: It is just called "Couple" but you can designate the vehicle, Dick.

Mike.

Last edited:
Couple commands may not work if the target consist is too close to a track junction. The loco can also have problems navigating complex yards so placing invisible signals to help guide it may help.

BUT.... In my case a random car arrives from another railroad. To always have the same car is not as real. However, that my be my only option for that feature. Thanks for the info.

I been going buggy about coupling issues especially random coupling issues at 5mph in which after the engine stopped and proceeds to....

Couple at Trackmark requires the TM to be in between the consist and the first junction of the track it sits on. You can only use the same TM if you are coupling to the same end as the uncoupled engine.

One added item - Normally when selecting the couple at track mark during setup it asks you the name of the involved trackmark. That works in 2018 but not in my 2022. I does not request anything.
Yes it is tricky setting the spacing to insure the coupling is made.

OLD Msg: There must have been an N3V problem. The Couple At Trackmark now seems to work with no special attention to placement. 2022-123794.

Back